Thursday, May 26, 2011

A Farewell to Teeth

In honor of my soon to be missing wisdom teeth (and the awesome amounts of mushy food I get to eat) (and the fact that the crazy mouthwash they give you has messed up my taste buds and kind of ruined food for the past couple days) I wanted to post about a dish I made a while ago but that never made it up here.

Mmmmmmm...doesn't it look delicious?

This dish doesn't have a name because it is what comes out of "what happens when I throw all those things in my cupboard together" night.  This, in particular, is a mix of chickpeas, tomatoes, onion, garlic, spinach, and vegetable broth seasoned with yellow and red curry mixes.  All in all, cooked together over medium-low heat for about 40 minutes and served over jasmine rice.

And there you have it.  A nice, simple post and a nice, simple tribute to my wisdom teeth which will chomp no more after tomorrow.  I'm sorry that you have to go, teeth, but my stomach would like to know if you could please hurry up because, seriously, we don't know how long we can wait to eat real food and really taste it again.

Until a tasteful recovery!
The Veggie Monster

ps - As always: if you have a facebook account, go here and "like" the page.  And as not always: There is a new feature on the side-bar to the right to subscribe to the blog by e-mail.  And....I caved and got a Twitter.  Being a bird is new concept for me, so I don't tweet very much yet but if you like you can check it out here!

No comments:

Post a Comment